|This recipe is similar to scrambled eggs, but includes plenty of vegetables and other healthy additions.|
| ||1/4 C||Grated or finely chopped carrots|
| ||1 T||Ricotta or cottage cheese|
| ||1/4 C||Chopped green pepper|
| ||1/4 C||Chopped broccoli|
| ||1/4 C||Sweet corn|
|Most birds love the taste of eggs, so if your pet enjoys this recipe its a great way to sneak some vegetables in his or her diet. The recipe includes, beans for fiber, vegetables for vitamins, and cottage cheese for protein and calcium.
1. In a small microwave safe bowl, combine the carrot, beans, green pepper, broccoli and corn. Stir well.
2. Crack the egg over the mixed vegetables. Add the cheese and the milk, and then stir everything together until all the ingredients are well mixed, and everything coated with the egg mixture.
3. Place the dish into the microwave and cook it on 50% power (or a similar setting) for 1 minute intervals. After the first minute is up, remove the bowl. The egg should be partially cooked. Use a butter knife or spoon to stir the mixture and break up some of the egg. Then place the egg back into the microwave. And cook for another minute.
4. After the second minute, stir the egg again. Continue to cook the egg in 1 minute intervals and stir, until all the egg has been cooked through and there is no more liquid.
5. Allow the egg scramble to cool completely, and then serve to your pet. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
These pet food recipes are submitted by other Simply Pets members for everyone to enjoy. SimplyPets makes no assurances to the nutritional value or safety of the recipes. If you are unsure if you should use a recipe listed here we recommend checking with your veterinarian.
Submit a new pet food recipe
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type DB_Error as array in /home/jpunteney/sp_includes/display_functions_inc.php on line 215