|This fun recipe contains a bit of spirulina a type of algae that is exceptionally rich in protein, calcium, and vitamins, as well as being one of the few no-animal sources of vitamin B-12|
| ||2 T||Chopped ham or 1 slice ham lunchmeat chopped|
| ||1 t||Spirulina|
| ||1 t||Parmesan cheese|
| ||1/4 C||Grits|
|Spirulina also has an intense green color and tends to color anything it comes in contact with. The recipe also contains Parmesan cheese for flavor, and just a touch of ham, as most birds do care too much for meat.
1. Preheat a large frying pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Allow the frying pan to heat up until a drop of water splashed on top begins to sizzle immediately.
2. Once the pan is hot, crack the eggs into the pan and proceed to cook and scramble them, as you would make regular scrambled eggs for yourself. When the eggs are almost done cooking, add the spirulina and mix well.
3. Cook the eggs until they are firm and no longer liquid. Then transfer the eggs to a small mixing bowl.
4. Add the Parmesan cheese, and ham, and stir well. Once everything is well mixed, toss with the grits, using only a small amount at a time. Use only enough to coat the ingredients and keep everything from being too sticky.
5. The eggs are ready to serve, or store them in the refrigerator until ready to use.
These pet food recipes are submitted by other Simply Pets members for everyone to enjoy. SimplyPets makes no assurances to the nutritional value or safety of the recipes. If you are unsure if you should use a recipe listed here we recommend checking with your veterinarian.
Submit a new pet food recipe
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type DB_Error as array in /home/jpunteney/sp_includes/display_functions_inc.php on line 215