|Heres a pizza you can make for your pet! There is no tomato sauce used, but the pizza does contain plenty of nutritious vegetables and real cheese.|
| ||1||Uncooked biscuit dough (from tube of biscuit dough)|
| ||1||Jar mixed vegetable baby food (2-4 ounces)|
| ||1 T||Chopped green bell pepper|
| ||1 T||Shredded carrot|
| ||1 T||Chopped broccoli|
| ||1 T||Wheat germ|
| ||1/4 C||Shredded Mozzarella|
|You can experiment with different toppings, but keep your birds special needs in mind. Many birds cannot tolerate ingredients such as meats or excessive amounts of cheese.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Flour your hands if desired, then take the biscuit and pound it flat using the palm of your hand. Flatten the biscuit to about 5-6 inches in diameter. Then place the biscuit onto an ungreased cookie or baking sheet.
2. Open the jar of baby food and spread it, with a knife or spatula, over the top surface of the biscuit, leaving a crust of about 1/4 around the outside edge. Do not spread the baby food in this area.
3. Sprinkle the prepared biscuit with the bell pepper, carrot, broccoli, and wheat germ as desired. Try to sprinkle each ingredient evenly over the biscuit. Again, avoid the crust around the outside edge.
4. Sprinkle the cheese over all of the vegetables, covering everything well. Dont sprinkle any cheese over the crust.
5. Place the baking sheet, and the biscuit into the preheated oven. Bake the pizza for about 10 minutes, watching it carefully to avoid burning. Remove the pizza from the heat once the cheese is melted and the crust is lightly golden.
6. Allow the pizza to cool considerably, or until it is cool to the touch. Slice into pizza shapes slices and serve to your pet. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator until ready to use. Makes 1 pizza.
These pet food recipes are submitted by other Simply Pets members for everyone to enjoy. SimplyPets makes no assurances to the nutritional value or safety of the recipes. If you are unsure if you should use a recipe listed here we recommend checking with your veterinarian.
Submit a new pet food recipe
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type DB_Error as array in /home/jpunteney/sp_includes/display_functions_inc.php on line 215