|Sweet potato is an excellent food for most birds. Its rich is vitamin A, and full of antioxidants and fiber.|
| ||1||Large sweet potato|
| ||2 t||Fresh ginger root|
| ||1/2 C||Flour|
| ||Vegetable oil (as needed)|
|1. Peel the sweet potato using a knife or potato peeler. Add the grated potato to a medium sized mixing bowl. Add the ginger root and mix well. Then add this mixture to a food processor, and chop everything into very fine pieces.
2. Transfer the mixture back to the mixing bowl. Add the egg and the flour. Blend everything together well, mashing the potato with all the other ingredients until you have a smooth, consistent mixture. If needed, use an electric mixer to thoroughly beat all the ingredients together.
3. Add a few tablespoons of oil to a large frying pan or skillet, and heat over medium heat until the oil is hot, and a drop of water splashed on the pan begins to sizzle immediately.
4. Once the oil is hot, begin adding, the potato mixture to the pan by dropping the mixture by rounded tablespoons into the hot oil. Let each little cake fry for about 2 minutes, or until golden throughout.
5. As each cake finishes cooking, remove it to paper towels to drain and cool. Repeat with the remaining mixture until all the mixture has been shaped into cakes and fried.
6. Allow the fried cakes to cool completely before serving to your pet.
These pet food recipes are submitted by other Simply Pets members for everyone to enjoy. SimplyPets makes no assurances to the nutritional value or safety of the recipes. If you are unsure if you should use a recipe listed here we recommend checking with your veterinarian.
Submit a new pet food recipe
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type DB_Error as array in /home/jpunteney/sp_includes/display_functions_inc.php on line 215