|These tasty cupcakes contain sweet potato and fruit purees and call for you to use your pets own food, so you can be sure they will be nutritious.|
| ||2||Jars sweet potato baby food (2-4 ounces)|
| ||2||Jars tropical fruit baby food (2-4 ounces)|
| ||1 1/2 C||Commercially prepared bird pellets or feed|
|These cupcakes are just about as simple as it gets. Not only can you prepare the entire recipe in your blender, and only dirty one dish, but you can even cook them right in the microwave! Conventional oven directions are included as well.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Or if you have decided to use the microwave, than skip this step.
2. Add the whole eggs (shells and everything) to a blender container. Then blend the eggs on the highest speed for several seconds, or until the shells have been crushed into tiny pieces and are undetectable within the mixture.
3. Add the bird pellets or feed to the blender. Blend again for several seconds on the highest speed until you have a somewhat smooth mixture
4. Prepare muffin or miniature muffin tins by lining each with paper muffin liners. Alternately, you can grease the muffin cups with margarine, oil or non-stick cooking spray.
5. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into each muffin tin, or about half that amount into each miniature muffin tin.
6. Once all the batter has been used up and poured into the muffin tins, place the muffins tins into the preheated oven. Bake for about 15 minutes, or until the cupcakes are firm.
7. To cook the cupcakes in the microwave, place the muffins tins inside the microwave. Cook them on the highest setting for about 1-2 minutes, or longer, until the cupcakes are firm. As microwave times vary, watch them carefully so they dont burn or get too hot and explode.
8. Allow the cupcakes to cool completely before serving. If using paper muffin liners, be sure to remove them before serving to your pet. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
These pet food recipes are submitted by other Simply Pets members for everyone to enjoy. SimplyPets makes no assurances to the nutritional value or safety of the recipes. If you are unsure if you should use a recipe listed here we recommend checking with your veterinarian.
Submit a new pet food recipe
Fatal error: Cannot use object of type DB_Error as array in /home/jpunteney/sp_includes/display_functions_inc.php on line 215