|Almost any kind of commercially prepared pancake mix is safe your birds, and some varieties such as whole wheat mix, may actually be very healthy for them. This recipe will allow you to share the batter with your pet and make a fun, waffle treat. And if you dont have any leftover batter, you can also prepare some. Youll probably need to use at least one egg, the shell of which you can save for the recipe.
1. Add the eggshell, food pellets, and seed to a blender. Then blend everything on a high speed for several seconds. Blend until everything is reduced to coarse crumbs.
2. Add the crumb mixture to the pancake batter. Stir well until all the ingredients are completely incorporated and consistent.
3. Check the consistency of the batter. If necessary, add a bit of water to make the batter a little thinner than your would for making regular pancakes (for humans).
4. Preheat a waffle iron, until it is hot. As it heats up, lightly mist the top and bottom of the waffle iron with non-stick cooking spray.
5. Once the waffle iron is hot, pour the batter onto the iron, in an X shape working to evenly cover as much of the surface of the iron as you can. Then quickly close the waffle iron.
6. Let the waffle cook until it is finished. If you are unsure how long this will take or how to tell when the waffle is finished, you can open it occasionally to check on the waffle. Never open the iron within the first 60 seconds of cooking! Otherwise youll have a big mess.
7. Once the waffle is finished cooking, release it from the iron and allow it to cool completely. While it cools, repeat to make additional waffles. Once the waffle is cool cut it into strips. Serve it your pet, or hang the strips where they can reach them easily.